- Analyzes proposal documents and develops a compliant response style, format, and layout based on internal and external requirements. Develops initial internal responsibility tracking documents.
- Appropriately formats and lays out proposal data received from various engineers, estimators, sales people, etc.
- Maintains version control over proposals and items changed and updated.
- Prep work for submissions (prepare forms, folders, and summaries; pre-format sections, create responsibility matrix, distribute materials to submission team members).
- Develop/maintains information, manages informational databases, files, and manuals for evaluation of proposal projects.
- Create/maintain proposal library, including library of often-used content that can be easily modified for unique proposal requirements.
- Maintain the Access Database for proposal projects.
- Maintain templates, style guide, and boilerplate materials up-to-date.
- Perform quality check of the finished response.
- Develops and tracks SSI information, handles all aspects of SSI in accordance with Homeland Security procedures and 49CFR1520.
- Performs Administrative Functions for the Proposal Department. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Order and maintain supplies including Proposal and Office materials necessary to accomplish Proposal production.
- Make copies and assemble binders and spiral bind submissions.
- Photocopy, scan documents, and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College degree and experience in a proposal environment preferred. Appropriate combination of education and business environment background will be considered. Advanced working knowledge of MS Windows Office applications required.
Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports. Should possess good customer service abilities along with refined grammar skills. The position may require a lot of interaction with other departments and field employees and outside calls are frequently fielded and must be handled in a professional manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. On occasion the ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. There is low to moderate noise in this work environment.