Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 14 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
The Provider Accounts Payable Specialist (LHI) will review and approve provider invoices in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner to maintain good working relationships between LHI and network providers. Investigate any discrepancies found on provider invoices and communicate with the network providers to resolve the issue.
The statements listed below are not intended to be all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of the position. Based on leadership decisions and business needs, “all other duties as assigned” will be expected for each position.
- Review provider invoices: match invoices to LHI orders, check amount billed versus contracted rates, review status of orders invoiced, print provider fee schedules, investigate balance forwards or aged invoices.
- Approval of provider invoices: provider information and billed versus contracted rates are verified, and approved provider invoices are submitted for payment.
- Provider payments are monitored by the Accounts Payable Supervisor through various reports.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year related experience in either a professional office setting or accounting experience (accounts payable/receivable, billing, general accounting practices)
- Must have proficiency in Outlook (email and calendar), Excel (general navigation in spreadsheets and sorting data), Word (general navigation, creating and editing documents)
- Must have proficient and accurate data entry and organization skills with attention to detail
- Required to handle corporate documents confidentially
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Accounting related field
- Knowledge of accounting and accounts payable procedures and practices
- Demonstrated analytical competencies
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Knowledge of medical and dental terminology
- Accounting system and database experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. United Health Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Accounts Payable, AP, La Crosse, WI, General Accounting, Office, Clerical