No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Provider Contracting and Network Performance Strategy Consultant you’ll provide services to strengthen and improve health care operations that result in stronger financial returns and a healthier health care system. You'll use your strong strategic and business acumen to work closely with clients to develop, maintain and optimize provider networks to financial performance of the network is met. This consulting career gives you the opportunity to travel and share in a mission that inspires. You'll see your ideas come to life and your achievements recognized. You won't find tougher challenges. And you won't find smarter people working together to solve them. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support strategy, contracting, negotiation and operational assessments of provider network organizations with an emphasis on provider network performance management
- Responsible for the successful program design and implementation of network performance management programs for Network Management, Provider Engagement, Network Expansion, Payment Innovation and Network Operations for our Payer and Provider clients for Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare lines of business
- 5+ years of expertise in a number of network related areas, including negotiation and contracting, provider engagement, provider performance management, payment innovation, provider data management, and network operations and/or overall network management
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in presentation skills to audiences of various sizes
- Ability to travel 80% of the time, leaving on early Monday and return late on Thursday
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of project/program management experience including demonstrated ability to lead a multifaceted projects
- 2+ years of network management experience with value based agreements and/or (ACO, PCMH, bundled payments, and/or risk sharing arrangements)
- Experience with advanced payment models/value added contracts
- Experience with designing and implementing cost of care or affordability programs
- Experience working in a Management Consulting organization
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumInsight, Provider Network, Provider Contracting, Affordability, Cost of Care, Travel, Consultant, Healthcare Consultant, Network Management, Provider Engagement, Big 5, Program Management, Health, Telecommute, work from home, wfh, telecommuter, telecommuting, travel, remote