The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This Provider Data Analyst role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We’re building better, more effective provider networks every day. In this role, you’ll use your strong customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader. This is a combined Provider Relations Advocate and Business Process Analyst position.
- Assist in end-to-end provider claims and help enhance call quality, servicing one large health system in the Kansas City area
- Contribute to design and implementation of programs that build/nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers and practice managers
- Support development and management of provider networks
- Help implement training and development of external providers through education programs
- Possess strong analytical skills to acquire thorough understanding of business needs and translate them into process, project and operational requirements
- Define, analyze and study financial and operational issues and data
- Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness by researching, analyzing internal and/or external industry trends, markets and other operational benchmarks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of colleagues, subject matter experts, and leaders
- Analyze and provide strategic recommendation using complex data sets. Develop executive leadership dashboard reports which include both qualitative and quantitative metrics
- Manage the process of completing monthly business result reports, both qualitative and quantitative in nature.
Are you ready for a challenge? You’ll be part of a performance driven, fast paced organization that is serving multiple markets and you’ll be charged with educating and building relationships with providers to evolve ongoing processes and programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of health care/managed care experience
- 2+ years of provider relations and/or provider network experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in claims processing and issue resolution
- 1+ year experience with Medicaid regulations
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience producing regular and ad hoc reports for executive leadership
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience with Kansas Medicaid
- Vendor management experience
- Technical or operational experience with relational database management system such as Oracle, SQL, SAS etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
The health system is moving ahead. You can too as you help us build new levels of provider network performance. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Provider, Analyst, Claims, Contract, Provider Relations, Overland Park, KS