The more you do, the more you learn. As you learn, you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This specialist role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We’re driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and how they perform. Join us and you’ll play a key role in managing data about the physicians and specialists who are part of our provider networks. This role will put you on a team of incredibly talented technology and business professionals. You’ll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (6:00am to 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 1 E Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Help manage provider data and maintain and improve databases
- Report and extract data for various reports and analyses
- Help develop / maintain standards for database integrity and quality assurance
- Coordinate corrective activities to clean database and retain users
- Assist in audits and data quality improvement initiatives
- In this role, you will put your relationship building and analytical skills to the test. You’ll interact with providers and report on behalf of the provider database during wider ranging IT projects. You’ll be part of a fast-paced, data driven organization where accuracy and performance are highly valued.
- High school diploma / GED or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of claims and / or data entry experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Customer service experience
- 2+ years experience in the health care industry
- 2+ medical coding experience
- Proficiency with medical terminology
Data, technology and people are helping UnitedHealth Group play a leading role in health care change and performance. Our impact is improving the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: Claims data coding, claims data entry, health care