DescriptionThe Provider Engagement Executive develops and grows positive, long-term relationships with physicians, providers and healthcare systems in order to support and improve financial and quality performance within the contracted working relationship with the health plan. The Provider Engagement Executive works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Provider Engagement Executive represents the scope of health plan/provider relationship across such areas as financial performance, incentive programs, quality and clinical management, population health, data sharing, connectivity, documentation and coding, HEDIS and STARs performance, operational improvements and other areas as they relate to provider performance, member experience, market growth, provider experience and operational excellence. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of Health care or managed care with Provider Contracting, Network Management or Provider Relations experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated project management experience and partnering with senior leadership on strategic initiatives
- Proven planning, preparation and presenting skills, with established knowledge of reimbursement and bonus methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel as needed with reliable means of transportation
- Masters Degree
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting financial trends for health care costs, administrative expenses and quality/bonus performance
- Comprehensive knowledge of Medicare policies, processes and procedures
50-75% travel within the state of ME and NH. Ideal candidate should live within 1 hour commuting distance to Portand ME.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40