You never thought your career could help millions of lives. Well, here you can. As a Marketing Specialist, you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Provider Engagement Specialists will develop relationships with key healthcare providers, identify market strategies to support products and drive membership growth and retention for the health plan. They facilitate communication with the health plan; develop strategies to support consumer satisfaction and support new product and program campaigns. With their marketing acumen and public relations experience Provider Engagement Specialists have the opportunity to be the face of the company and share our mission – To help people live healthier lives.
- Identify and work with providers with focus on growth and retention of UnitedHealthcare Community Plan members.
- Help identify and pursue potential providers who could become an asset to promote the health plan’s overall health care initiatives and quality of service.
- Execute plan marketing strategies to increase market share in Service Delivery Area.
- Demonstrate understanding of all Texas Medicaid & Medicare lines of business as they apply to managed care and the needs of the members enrolled in them, in order to facilitate their care and resolution of their issues.
- Develop strong relationships with providers and their office management teams.
- Maintain strong business relationships to ensure retention of existing contracted providers therefore decreasing loss in membership due to provider terminations.
- Educate providers on general policies and procedures applicable to delivery of care (e.g., regulatory; benefit; quality of care).
- Introduce and educate providers on health lifestyle initiatives offered by the health plan for their patients.
- Conduct regular visits to providers to introduce new initiatives and monitor success of those in place.
- Conduct regular visits to providers to identify issues and ensure effective problem resolution to maintain strong relationships.
- Demonstrate understanding of providers' business goals and strategies in order to align them with those of the health plan.
- Coordinate activities/events with providers to promote the health plan and educate members on value added services and Medicare Extra Benefits offered by the health plan.
- Advocate the use of Provider Tools, online technology and health plan resources, (e.g. LINK, Provider Manuals).
- Communicate members’ and providers' needs to internal stakeholders in order to drive creation of solutions that meet our mutual business goals.
- Work with internal business partners to identify, understand, and/or improve tools, resources, systems, and capabilities that can maximize provider/member experience, or health plan performance.
- Collaborate and/or participate in discussions with colleagues and business partners to identify potential root cause of issues.
- Analyze data to determine root cause of issue (e.g., identify trends and patterns; identify outliers and anomalies) and/or escalate problem to appropriate business partner for further analysis, as necessary.
- Involve leadership and/or escalate issues as necessary to implement provider /member solutions.
- Respond to providers’ requests by directing them to appropriate internal or external resources.
- Solicit provider informal and formal feedback via surveys, complaints and conversations in order to develop action plans (e.g., corrective actions; suggestions to leadership; complaint resolution processes, etc.).
- Support member retention events/activities and health plan communal initiatives (e.g. Member advisory council meetings, Alzheimer Walks, Special Olympics, Ride 2 Recovery, etc.).
- Preferred knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 5+ years of Healthcare, Managed Care and Marketing experience
- Experience in Provider Relations and Network communications
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents)
- Computer proficiency including, but not limited to, ability to learn new computer system applications
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time within assigned territory (Service Delivery Area) and to other markets as needed
- Must reside in Bell, Williamson or Travis County
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Provider, Engagement, Specialist, Killeen, Georgetown, Temple, Texas