- Maintain provider and facility information in company systems within accepted quantity and quality guidelines.
- Research and update billing and contracting information for provider medical claims
- Apply knowledge / skills to activities that often vary from day to day
- Solve routine problems independently and work with supervisor to solve more complex problems
- Interact with Provider Relations, Network Access and Claim Units
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet goals with a variety of responsibilities
- Shows consistent professionalism and good judgment.
- Work with others as part of a team
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- 1+ years of managed care or medical insurance experience, specifically in credentialing providers, working in provider relations, medical billing or quality management
- Data entry and 10 - key experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel (ability to create and edit documents in Microsoft Word) (ability to sort, filter, create tables and search data in Microsoft Excel)
- Experience working in a production environment meeting production and quality goals
- Experience working with healthcare providers
- Experience in medical claims processing
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills including telephone etiquette
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must have excellent research, investigation, problem solving and critical thinking skills
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Provider Data Specialist, Healthcare, Managed Care, Medical Insurance, Data Entry