Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What's most important to you in building your career and your future? Impact? Purpose? Potential? In that case, you're in the right place. UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 leader in health care and an innovative driver of change in how the health system performs. As we continue to build and manage provider networks to serve our patients and families, we need to be sure that we're covering all aspects of the relationship. In this role, you'll use your strong customer service focus to help us install and manage accurate provider contracts within various United Health Group systems. It's impact, potential and purpose all in a day's work.
The Provider Installation Representative is responsible for various activities related to the Provider Network database which may include: database maintenance, reporting and extracting data for various reports and analyses, and initiating database improvement. Provider Installation Representatives develop and maintain standards for database integrity and quality assurance, coordinate corrective activities to clean database and retain users, and manage communication processes with other departments regarding database improvements. Other responsibilities include: conducting audits and providing feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance, maintaining current provider data to ensure the quality of the network, and may be responsible for representing the provider network area on company IT projects, reporting and tracking provider calls and complaints, or for the support, coordination, and production of the paper directory cycles.
- Validation and maintenance of all provider records within the health plan system(s) this includes: validation of demographic and specialty information on an annual, semi-annual or quarterly basis
- Assist in ensuring that Provider Directories and regulatory requirements are accurate and that errors are root caused and discussed at the global level to ensure appropriate corrections and improvements are made
- Data integrity and quality assurance
- Validation of provider records must completed within government mandated service level agreements
- Other assignments and projects as requested
- Solve routine problems on own
- Work with supervisor to solve more complex problems
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
- 1+ years of data entry experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (filter, sort, create and edit spreadsheets)
- Ability to type at least 50+ WPM
- 1+ years of previous experience in a healthcare setting particularly with managed care systems
- Knowledge of Medicaid / Medicare / Commercial rules and regulations
- Previous experience working in a production and quality environment
- Ability to utilize complex database systems and claims platforms simultaneously including, but not limited to NMDB, NDB, various work management applications
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealth Care, Health care, customer service, data entry, Microsoft office, 10 key, alpha-numeric, medicaid, medicare