The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This Provider Relations Advocate role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We're building better, more effective provider networks every day. In this role, you'll use your strong customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
If you are located in Harris, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct routine physical quarterly visits to contracted nursing facilities
- Assist providers with claims issues/inquiries
- Troubleshoot and problem solve common billing errors
- Proactively identify opportunities for provider education
- Participate in events that SNF holds or supports as applicable
- Educate providers on best billing practices, portal usage, and training opportunities
- Build relationships with nursing facility staff
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Investigate non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Medicaid nursing facility billing knowledge/experience a must
- Knowledge and use of United Healthcare portals a plus
- Provide support and assistance with peers
- Bachelors degree or related experience
- 2+ years of healthcare experience
- 1+ years experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 1+ year Nursing facility billing experience necessary
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel within assigned territory (day trips) 80% of the time
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and remain on task
- Good organization and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines from multi-staff members within the department
- Intermediate level of proficiency in claims knowledge and issue resolution
The health system is moving ahead. You can too as you help us build new levels of provider network performance. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Customer Service, Harris, TX, Texas