The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This Provider Relations Advocate role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We’re building better, more effective provider networks every day. In this role, you’ll use your strong customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
If you are located in Knoxville, TN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Investigate non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Work exclusively within a specific knowledge area
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
Are you ready for a challenge? You’ll be part of a performance driven, fast paced organization that is serving multiple markets and you’ll be charged with educating and building relationships with providers to evolve ongoing processes and programs.
- Undergraduate degree or 2+ years of equivalent experience
- 2+ years of provider relations and/or provider network experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in claims processing and issue resolution
- 1+ years of experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- At least 75%, and up to 80% Travel around Entire East region of Tennessee
- Must reside in Knoxville, TN area
- Good presentation skills
- 3+ years of previous experience preferred
- Long Term Care Support Services experience
- Ability to work independently and remain on task
- Good organization and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines from multi-staff members within the department
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
The health system is moving ahead. You can too as you help us build new levels of provider network performance. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.