You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.
- Provide excellent customer service in a professional manner.
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise.
- Utilize multiple systems for knowledge and data management.
- Investigate non - standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others.
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise.
- Interact with a wide range of providers in person, via phone, and via email on a regular basis.
- Exercise discipline to manage time and workload in a work - at - home environment to meet deadlines and performance expectations.
Apply knowledge / skills to activities that often vary from day to day.
Demonstrate a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function.
Require little assistance with standard and non - standard requests.
Solve routine problems on own.
Work with supervisor to solve more complex problems.
Prioritize and organize own work to meet agreed upon deadlines.
Work with others as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, ability to relate with providers and handle customer service in a professional manner.
This position requires diligence and timely resolution to provider concerns, while also proactively building relationships with network providers.
Additionally, organization skills and attention to detail are vital.
Moderate work experience within own function.
Some work is completed without established procedures.
Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of managed care or medical insurance experience
- 1+ years experience in a claims, customer service or provider support role
- Available to travel 25% of the time
- Moderate level of proficiency with Microsoft programs including Outlook, Excel, and Word (ability to create, edit, paste, and save)
- Experience working with customers / clients via telephone
- Ability to work independently and remain on task
- Good organization and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills including telephone etiquette
- Basic level of research and analytical skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Provider, Representative, Excel, Word, outlook