It's that time, isn't it? You're ready for the next step forward and an opportunity to build on your skills. And it just so happens that there's never been a better time to become a part of the team at UnitedHealth Group. We're driving even higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. Here's where you come in. You'll use your knowledge of insurance claims and customer service to help create strong relationships with the providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
Taking a giant leap step forward comes with great challenge. You'll ensure provider service quality by making outbound calls to obtain data and verify information with providers as well as perform analysis and develop reports that help clarify operational issues and opportunities.
Positions in this function are accountable for the full range of provider relations and service interactions within UHG, including working on end-to-end provider claim and call quality, ease of use of physician portal and future service enhancements, and training & development of external provider education programs. Designs and implements programs to build and nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers (physician, hospital, ancillary, etc.), and practice managers. Directs and implements strategies relating to the development and management of a provider network. Identifies gaps in network composition and services to assist the network contracting and development staff in prioritizing contracting needs. May also be involved in identifying and remediating operational short-falls and researching and remediating claims. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Assist in end-to-end provider claims and help enhance call quality
- Assist in the design and implementation of programs that build/nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers and practice managers
- Support development and management of provider networks
- Help implement training and development of external providers through education programs
- Identify gaps in network composition and services to assist network contracting and development teams
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of managed care or medical insurance experience
- 1+ years experience in a claims, customer service or provider support role
- Experience with Microsoft Word (creating, saving, formatting documents) Microsoft Excel (creating, saving, formatting spreadsheets) and Outlook (ability to open and send emails)
- Proven oral communication skills including telephone etiquette
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Provider, Service Rep