Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
It's that time, isn't it? You're ready for the next step forward and an opportunity to build on your skills. And it just so happens that there's never been a better time to become a part of the team at UnitedHealth Group. We're driving even higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. Here's where you come in. You'll use your knowledge of insurance claims and customer service to help create strong relationships with the providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
Taking a giant leap step forward comes with great challenge. You'll ensure provider service quality by making outbound calls to obtain data and verify information with providers as well as perform analysis and develop reports that help clarify operational issues and opportunities.
- Support the Provider Relations team through working with providers on needs / questions
- Assist providers in completion of application process
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Help implement training and development of external providers through education programs
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of managed care or medical insurance experience
- 1+ years experience in a claims, customer service or provider support role
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs including Excel and Word (ability to create, edit and save)
- 1+ years working directly with providers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Proven oral communication skills including telephone etiquette
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Provider Service Representative, Washington, Telecommute