You’ve taken your skills to an advanced level. You bring an enormous store of compassion and dedication to your work. Now, it’s time to join one of the largest communities of Nurse Practitioners in the country as we build new solutions for an ever growing patient base. Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses.
In this role, you will represent Optum as you provide consultative behavioral health to primary care provider serving patients in long term care settings. You’ll interact closely with the facility staff and providers throughout the community; educating, building relationships and showing leadership in how to best address the complex needs of the patient and family. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the NP as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population.
- Manage behavioral conditions in collaboration with social workers, psychiatrist and Medical providers
- Perform comprehensive behavioral health assessments
- Document findings consistent with Optum and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
- Facilitate agreement and implementation of the member’s plan of care by engaging the care team
- Evaluate the effectiveness, necessity and efficiency of the plan, making revisions as needed
- Assures that the aligns with the member’s needs and wishes
- Coordinate care as member’s transition through different levels of care and care settings
- Includes the expertise of social work and other disciplines in care plan
- Assess the needs of members and families while facilitating any adjustments to the plan of care as situations and conditions change
- Evaluate plan of care for cost effectiveness while meeting the needs of members, families and providers to decreases high costs, poor outcomes and unnecessary hospitalization
- Actively promote the Optum programs by partnering with key stakeholders to maintain and develop membership caseload
- Exhibit original thinking and creativity in the development of new and improved methods and approaches to behavioral health in the LTC setting
Consider this. Success in the NP role requires learning how to strike a balance between clinical and customer service/business mindset. Your work within these independently owned/operated long term care facilities means that you represent us not just with our members and their families but also with the employees and leaders of each facility. Balancing how to work with, educate, and service the facilities’ staff while also providing the members with the clinical and caring attention can be a challenge.
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
Ability to obtain DEA licensure/Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
Clinical background and national certification as ANP, FNP, GNP or PA-C required or the ability to obtain
- Post-grad hands-on clinical experience
- Prior experience in a long term care setting or community setting for 1+ years
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Providence, RI, Rhode Island