PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Purchasing Analyst will provide data analysis and support to the entire purchasing team. This position will assist all purchasing categories and will require someone that is comfortable working with many different types of people. The Purchasing Analyst is a data focused role tracking the financial results of the purchasing team and providing updates to the purchasing managers on key performance metrics. This role will engage heavily with the cross functional teams and needs to be prepared to support other departments with reporting requests as they relate to the overall brand strategy.
- Analyze and track supplier performance on a continued basis.
- Evaluate the quality and quantity of deliverables against mutually established performance expectations and milestones.
- Create necessary templates to capture actual savings against forecasted savings amounts
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to provide them with necessary procurement data and analysis to support the strategic goals of the brand.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the markets that impact the key commodities within the supply chain, and the outside factors that can affect commodity costs.
- Validate that all data is accurate and complete, and work with third party data management systems to correct any data gaps
- Support the purchasing team in identifying potential costs savings initiatives
- Analyze and evaluate suppliers bid and proposals
- Assist in the development, execution, and maintenance of contracts and document contract information
- BS in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or other equivalent and relevant to perform this function.
- Entry level up to three years of relevant supply chain or procurement support or related experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- People and results oriented
- Excellent presentation, and oratory skills
- Deep analytical skills
- Expert working knowledge in Excel and Power Point
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment