To source and contract required categories needed in the operation of TXRH restaurants and support the distribution function with the priorities of quality, food safety and price.
• Bid out and negotiate contracts for all category items delegated by the Director of Purchasing or VP of Purchasing
• Support operations and Texas Roadhouse distributor by handling purchasing and distribution related problems associated with purchasing categories
• Research and source alternate vendors by coordinating sample evaluations and product testing and approval with the TXRH Culinary team
• Maintain records of negotiated contracts, etc.
• Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales
• Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
• Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability
• Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures
• Prepare and process Requests for Proposal (RFP)
• Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids
• Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs
• Request and coordinate samples requested by category buyers and Culinary Team
• All functions directed by VP or Director of Purchasing
• May come in contact with company trade secrets, confidential information, and intangible assets
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Texas Roadhouse® is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in business administration or related field.
Experience: Proven experience working independently in a field that required regular contact with outside vendors, customers, and/or internal teams to provide a service and/or exchange information. Purchasing/Buying experience and negotiation experience preferred but not required. Restaurant experience a plus.
Other requirements: Extremely strong Excel knowledge, data analyzation and customer service expert.
This job description includes essential functions and basic duties and is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as appropriate. This document is not a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.