PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for Equipment, Facilities, Smallwares, Disposables, Services, and Indirect Spend. The Purchasing Manager is expected to develop, present, and once approved implement supply chain strategies for the above-mentioned categories.
- Develop, present, and execute once approved, contracting and procurement best practices and standard operating procedures (SOP's) to deliver a World Class Supply Chain.
- The Purchasing manager is expected to develop comprehensive written strategies for execution in support of the business needs, goals, and objectives set for the given area or responsibility.
- Prepare contracts (and standard forms of agreements) to match approved sourcing strategies for implementation.
- Primary point of contact for suppliers for area of responsibility on a day to day basis.
- Works closely with the Director of Purchasing to establish Supply Chain Best Practices, develop mission critical cost savings initiatives, and set, track, and report on the progress of the initiatives.
- Drive Process improvement in assigned area of supply chain to deliver greater efficiencies from a cost, operational, and overall financial impact to the business.
- Works collaboratively with leaders of other departments (Operations, Facilities, Culinary, Food/Beverage, Construction, Design, etc.) to gain alignment to ensure supply at the best cost for the system.
- BS Business, MBA (preferred) or equivalent degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or other equivalent and relevant to perform this function.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Supply Chain Procurement given the assigned areas of responsibility, at a Manger level with demonstrated ability to meet above listed job responsibilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Multi Year experience in managing effectively the above listed areas of responsibility
- People and results oriented
- Bottom line management skills and strategic thinker
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, and oratory skills
- Deep analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in contract development and execution
- Keen negotiation skills and supplier strategy development
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- The Purchasing Manager is limited on the spend authorities as established by corporate governance.
- Authority to implement against all agreed upon and approved supply change strategy as directed.
- Authority to implement process improvements in contracting once approved.