PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Purchasing Manager, Food & Packaging, Disposables, and Indirect, is part of a pooled resource group of purchasing professionals. This position will primarily be responsible for food and packaging product categories, but may have other responsibilities as assigned. This role will be required to support both domestic supply and potentially international markets as well. The Purchasing Manager is expected to develop, present, provide detailed recommendations, and once approved, implement supply chain strategies for their categories This position is also responsible for monitoring, reporting, and participating in commodity risk management for the commodity areas assigned.
- Develop, present, and execute once approved, contracting and procurement best practices and standard operating procedures (SOP's) to deliver a World Class Supply Chain.
- The Purchasing manager is expected to develop comprehensive written strategies for execution in support of the business needs, goals, and objectives set for the given area or responsibility.
- Subject matter expertise for given areas of assignment.
- Volume forecasting needs for assigned categories with regular updates on actual vs. contracted
- Monitor and report out on key commodity areas as assigned which will contribute to commodity risk management and hedging programs as developed and implemented.
- Prepare contracts (and standard forms of agreements) to match approved sourcing strategies for implementation.
- Primary point of contact for suppliers for area of responsibility on a day to day basis.
- Responsible to identify and implement supply opportunities and strategies to optimize cost of goods sold.
- Monitor and optimize the existing food service and paper categories to ensure continuous supply and anticipate the needs of a growing enterprise.
- Works closely with the Director of Purchasing to establish Supply Chain Best Practices, develop mission critical cost savings initiatives, and set, track, and report on the progress of the initiatives.
- Drive Process improvement in assigned area of supply chain to deliver greater efficiencies from a cost, operational, and overall financial impact to the business.
- Works collaboratively with leaders of other departments (Operations, Facilities, Culinary, Food/Beverage, etc.) to gain alignment to ensure supply at the best cost for the system.
- BS Business, MBA (preferred) or equivalent degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or other equivalent and relevant to perform this function.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in Supply Chain Procurement in a Restaurant Environment given the assigned areas of responsibility
- 3 - 5 years at a Manger level, with demonstrated ability to meet above listed job responsibilities
- Keen understanding of underlying commodities in the Food and Paper category of Food Service, and other assigned responsibilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Multi Year experience in managing effectively the above listed areas of responsibility
- People and results oriented
- Bottom line management skills and strategic thinker
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, and oratory skills
- Good working understanding of commodities and risk management programs and hedging.
- Deep analytical skills
- Expert working knowledge on Excel and Power Point.
- Demonstrated experience in contract development and execution
- Keen negotiation skills and supplier strategy development
- Advanced working knowledge of Supply Chain Data Warehouses and Administered contract management systems.
- International Supply Chain experience
- The Purchasing Manager is limited on the spend authorities as established by corporate governance.
- Authority to implement against all agreed upon and approved supply change strategy as directed
- Authority to implement process improvements in contracting once approved