This position must be filled from one of the posted locations – Chandler, AZ, Minneapolis, MN, or Charlotte, NC.
This individual will be a member of Wells Fargo’s engineering team working on the customization, deployment, and maintenance of a private & public cloud computing systems and the automation that supports it. They will serve as both a Python Web Services Developer as well as a Automation Engineer for both the cloud computing and distributed systems automation service offerings. This engineer will focus on all aspects of quality within the engineering organization. This will include the development or enhancement of API services, automation of software application deployment processes, building an automation testing framework, measuring engineering quality improvements. Range of technologies covered include Python, Flask, Puppet, Ansible, OpenStack, AWS, VMWare, etc. Some key responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop, enhance, and maintain critical Python API Service(s)/Application(s) according to IaaS Engineering's Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process.
- Analyze gaps in Automation Systems (Puppet, Ansible, etc) and develop integration applications and services that can provide a bridge to Legacy Systems of Record.
- Develop Dashboards and Data API services that provide insight into infrastructure and application performance.
- Assess Automation Configuration Management Result Data (Facts/Variables) and develop data processing, analytic, visualization tools to enhance the organization's ability to ensure that systems/software are properly updated/patched in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal partners about integration with other systems within the bank
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 2 + years of cloud computing experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- 4+ years of Python experience
- 3+ years of Puppet experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Cloud computing experience
- Agile experience
- 2+ years of source code management experience (preferably with Git/Github)
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.