At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position is eligible to be based 100% remote anywhere in the continental US.
This individual will be the lead Python Software Architect on our application engineering team that is tasked with working on the customization and deployment of a private cloud computing and Infrastructure as a Service offering, called Private Cloud Enablement. In this lead architect role, you will help influence technical operations of development and support for this cloud offering. You will interface with senior management and leadership on a regular, consistent basis. You will be responsible for defining systems software and/or hardware requirements and determining system specifications and/or customizations specific for the infrastructure and software enablement specific to cloud infrastructure.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzing highly complex business requirements designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Providing coding direction to less experienced staff or developing highly complex original code.
- Acting as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Overseeing overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production by verifying program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Developing new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Leading projects, allocating and managing resources and the work of less experienced staff
- Assuring quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees the creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
The individual selected for this role must have demonstrated Python architectural and development experience to include application integration experience working in a complex business environment. He/she must also have experience working with REST APIs, message queues (RabbitMQ), databases (MySQL, Oracle, and SQLAlchemy), and distributed systems technologies (Celery, Gearman). Individuals should also have experience working in an agile environment and hands-on experience with Vagrant, virtualenv, virtualization technologies and Git/Github.
The team member selected for this position can be based anywhere in the continental US; however, preference may be given to those in the following areas to include: Chandler AZ, Minneapolis MN, and Charlotte NC.
This is a full time opportunity that offers a competitive compensation package to include a comprehensive benefits package with a generous PTO program, company paid holidays, 401-K and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of Python experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- Linux experience
- GitHub experience
- Experience securing IaaS/PaaS private cloud or DevOps environments
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology infrastructure and networking
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): code control, build and deployment
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: applications systems design and integration
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
Ohio: Field Rep 002 in OH - Field Rep 002, OH
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
VA-Glen Allen: 4340 Innslake Dr - Glen Allen, VA
MN-Shoreview: 1801 Parkview Dr - Shoreview, MN
SD-Sioux Falls: 3201 N 4th Ave - Sioux Falls, SD
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-Tempe: 1305 W 23rd St - Tempe, AZ
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Winston Salem: 809 W 4 1/2 St - Winston Salem, NC
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.