H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for an entry-level QA Analyst. This is a very important function that is critical to the success of our business. This position is located at our newly remodeled corporate office location in Dublin, just outside of Columbus, OH.
Responsible for the test execution of existing and new functionality in H&R Block applications and systems. Ensures that the applications function as specified in the documented requirements, use cases, design, and other approved documentation. Responsible for testing assigned functionality and their interaction with other internal components and applications. Utilizes test tools to automate, record defects and issues, update/create test cases, and to track test case execution status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write test plans and test cases.
- Creates clearly documented defects that enable a developer to recreate the issue.
- Maintains and updates test cases and test designs.
- Understands the business needs the product is trying to meet and applies this understanding to guide testing.
- Skill set enables an eye towards automation working with an automation team to make sure core components are covered in our regression suite.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent experience of 4 to 5 years
- Minimum of 3 years Quality Assurance, Business Analysis, Software Testing or Technical Support experience
- Experience writing and executing both positive and negative tests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an external and internal customer focus in all interactions
- Experience with maintaining and executing automated tests
- Experience using HP Quality Center or equivalent test tools
- Experience in business analysis, including writing requirements