Bed Bath & Beyond’s Merchandise Planning Systems team plays a critical role in enabling the merchandise planning, allocation and vendor management. This team builds and delivers cutting edge solutions which use data, complex quantitative methods and application development discipline. These solutions enable our Merchandising organization to plan and execute.
The primary focus of this position is to actively participate in the ongoing applications testing activities within Merchandise Planning Systems team. This person will interface with the development team members and business analysts in order to develop and execute test plans. This person should possess strong manual and automated testing skills and have experience in testing client/server as well as Web applications. In addition, the person should have a proven ability to interpret business requirements and conditions of satisfaction and translate them into comprehensive test scenarios.
- Participate in planning, design and testing phases of the application development.
- Perform functional, system integration, database and regression testing.
- Develop, document and execute comprehensive test plans, test scenarios and test scripts.
- Set up and maintain other test artifacts like the test data and procedures/scripts for generating and updating the test data.
- Review user stories and conditions of satisfaction to ensure that the requirements are consistent, unambiguous and testable.
- Work with business analysts and development leads to clarify requirements and rectify any issues with requirements.
- Translate user stories and conditions of satisfaction into robust test scenarios.
- Work closely with development leads, developers and business analysts in resolving defects discovered during the application development.
- Use the defect tracking software to create and maintain defects and bring them to resolution.
- Follow directions, guidelines and established procedures/best practices.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- 5+ years of experience testing desktop and Web applications.
- Experience with conducting functional, system integration, database and regression testing using both manual and automated testing.
- Familiarity with requirements gathering, design reviews, and testing phases of the project life cycle.
- Good experience with quality assurance tools like RTC and JIRA.
- Good experience with automated testing tools.
- Working SQL knowledge to conduct data verification and validation testing. Proficient with data query tools like TOAD or DB Visualizer.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications. Experienced user of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written skills (using English).
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals and the ability to maintain effective work relationships. The candidate must be able to work under pressure with limited time.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.