At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This lead-level position is needed to support ongoing testing initiatives for the Counterparty Credit Risk and EQE testing group. More specifically, the QA Lead will be acting as the technical lead across many initiatives, providing or consulting on the overall test strategy for each major engagement. The QA Lead will determine the complexity for each test area within a test plan and will set time-based expectations for test case creation and execution. This QA Lead will enforce consistency, comprehensive coverage, and efficiency across all assignments.
The successful candidate for this Quality Assurance team will work with complex counterparty credit risk applications to perform credit risk analytics data analysis, QA, functional, regression testing and help in the implementation of multiple phases of the projects, and assisting the manager as a team lead.
- Responsible for handling the most complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues. Acts as a lead in the creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews with the application development teams, EGS India, Salt Lake City, New York partners, upstream data partners, business partners etc. and creation/execution of test plans and test scripts.
- Develop a strong understanding of the systems and their environments that support the operation to effectively function as the liaison between the business partners and the technical areas of the Bank.
- Acts as a lead in the creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews and the development and execution of test plans and test scripts.
- Works with client to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve questions during the testing process.
- May serve as a coordinator for all testing activities on a project.
- Analyzes, tests, and certifies application-specific software and performs ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents.
- Plans and directs quality assurance schedules and assignments, and monitors project status in comparison to cost/time projections.
- Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects.
- Documents all phases of QA process.
- Directs and serves as a mentor to less experienced staff.
- Provide leadership to offshore testing team as needed.
The QA Lead will become a subject matter expert in the testing needs for applications assigned. The QA Lead will partner with the development team, EGS (India Partners) and key business stakeholders to understand the business needs, technical design, and current or targeted systems architecture. The QA Lead should be familiar with all testing aspects of the assigned project(s) and readily articulate the QA status to superiors and partners at any time during the project lifecycle. Given the domain knowledge, the QA Lead will also be expected to provide input to the sizing and estimation process for future development and/or production support efforts. Additionally, this lead will need to hold daily/ weekly meetings to include all LOB’s and senior leaders to discuss defects and next steps as they pertain to each release.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of QTP, UFT or WinRunner experience
- 5+ years of experience creating pivot tables and performing data analysis in Excel
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of capital markets: products and pricing
- 5+ years of Information Security Tools Development Unix and Windows experience
- 5+ years of source or version control tools experience
- 5+ years of JIRA experience
- 3+ years of C++ experience
- 3+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of C#.NET experience
- 5+ years of HP ALM experience
- 5+ years of Agile experience
- 7+ years of testing or quality assurance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: creation of test plans, test scripts, and managing UAT events
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Knowledge of capital markets/regulatory reporting business and process – Pricing, trade life cycle, risk sensitivities, Stress, PFE, EE.
- 5+ years of batch processing experience
- Defect analysis / Debugging defects and find out the Root cause
- Knowledge of distributed grid computing tools such as Data Synapse, Symphony and Oracle Coherence cache
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail,accuracy and highly self-motivated
- Ability to take responsibility for a project from QA perspective and performing with minimal assistance on ad-hoc basis
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.