Scrubs & Beyond is looking for a QA Tester in St. Louis, Missouri!
"We are inspired every day by the dedicated professionals we serve. Your work is why we’re here and we offer sincere thanks." Karla Bakersmith | President & Founder
What began as a two-person staff in a small office has grown into the nation's largest multi-channel supplier of healthcare apparel and accessories. Scrubs & Beyond was truly "inspired by the caregiver." Great pride is taken in our company's purpose to provide the best apparel and accessories to our outstanding healthcare professionals. Scrubs & Beyond has some of the best benefits in the industry.
Eligible employees receive competitive pay, generous employee discounts, 401(k) with company match, comprehensive health insurance, paid vacation and personal time off.
Job Description Summary
The goal of the QA Tester role is to improve the overall quality of the software being released by multiple software development teams within Scrubs and Beyond, LLC. The QA Tester will work directly with the development staff to refine Developer Unit Tests, Create/Update Test Scripts as necessary, work with stakeholders to obtain user story/feature request sign-off & test software prior to its release into production. QA Testing will be incorporated into our Agile Development Framework to ensure the measure of success is considered during user story rationalization.
Essential Job Duties
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Reviewing and analyzing system specifications
- Executing test scripts and reviewing results
- Reporting and documenting technical issues
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness
To execute the job duties of our QA Tester you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Proven experience as a QA tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Retail experience preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Back Office Systems including Microsoft SQL Server, 2008 R2, and any POS Back Office System
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- This job is primarily sedentary work. Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 90% of the time.
- Occasionally move about the office.
- Manual dexterity to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Constant close visual acuity to view a computer screen.
- Constant communication to exchange accurate information
- Must be able to work under stress
The physical demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.