Let's get one thing straight. We're in the business of making revolutions happen every single day. It's what's needed to make the health care system work better for everyone. As a Business Analyst, you'll drive vital projects that have strategic importance to make that mission a reality. You'll use your sharp business skills to assist in creating, controlling and improving business processes.
This role will report to the Manager of Quality Assurance and will be responsible for Quality Assurance testing and validation activities within the Medicare STARS Data Management and Reporting team. You will be accountable for ensuring the proper Quality Assurance controls are adhered to for inbound data, internal analytics and outbound results to customers while ensuring operational excellence and continuity.
- Create and execute test cases within an ETL, Data Warehouse, and Reporting Application Environment. Responsible to System / Integration test User interface, Database, Reporting, ETL / Batch application components
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to understand data requirements to develop effective test plans and analysis of health data statistics
- Use database statistics to compare data between deliveries to identify issues
- Understand and create SQL queries with the ability to troubleshoot issues found in stored procedures and/or customer data. Perform exploratory tests and queries on the data to identify issues that are not covered by automation
- Create, execute and maintain manual and automated tests to validate data warehouse and reporting processes and requirements.
- Explore new software, tools and capabilities to automate System integration testing to support continuous delivery / DevOps agenda.
- Generate and maintain Quality Metric reports. Analyze and optimize QA business processes, monitor and report quality metrics for the STAR Data Management and Reporting teams.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across teams though out the QA lifecycle
- Work independently troubleshooting complex issues
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Sure, you'll need to diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions. The difficulty is in knowing the right questions to ask. You will solve complex problems as you serve as a resource to others on your elite team. You'll be expected to find better, more efficient ways of doing things and collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
BA / BS degree
3+ years of demonstrated experience executing Quality Assurance processes for large and complex systems
Operational knowledge of Clinical Data platforms and Data Management
Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Knowledge of HEDIS and Star Quality Specifications
Experience working with the following database technologies: MS-SQL Server,Teradata, Hadoop, Cognos
Working knowledge of agile software development lifecycle and continuous integration and delivery methodologies.
Ability to maintain focus and a positive attitude in ambiguous or high pressure situations
Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment which requires creativity and self-motivation
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
UnitedHealth Group we're rewriting the way health care gets done for millions. Be part of something daring and bold while doing your life's best work.SMCareers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Quality Analyst, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter