UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role will report to the Manager of Quality Assurance and will be responsible for Quality Assurance testing and validation activities within the Medicare STARS Data Management and Reporting team. You will be accountable for ensuring the proper Quality Assurance controls are adhered to for inbound data, internal analytics and outbound results to customers while ensuring operational excellence and continuity.
- Create and execute test cases within an ETL, Data Warehouse, and Reporting Application Environment. Responsible to System / Integration test User interface, Database, Reporting, ETL / Batch application components
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to understand data requirements to develop effective test plans and analysis of health data statistics
- Use database statistics to compare data between deliveries to identify issues
- Understand and create SQL queries with the ability to troubleshoot issues found in stored procedures and/or customer data. Perform exploratory tests and queries on the data to identify issues that are not covered by automation
- Create, execute and maintain manual and automated tests to validate data warehouse and reporting processes and requirements.
- Explore new software, tools and capabilities to automate System integration testing to support continuous delivery / DevOps agenda.
- Generate and maintain Quality Metric reports. Analyze and optimize QA business processes, monitor and report quality metrics for the STAR Data Management and Reporting teams.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across teams though out the QA lifecycle
- Work independently troubleshooting complex issues
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience executing Quality Assurance processes for large and complex systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience working with any of the following database technologies: MS-SQL Server,Teradata, Hadoop
- Knowledge of HEDIS and Star Quality Specifications
- Operational knowledge of Clinical Data platforms and Data Management
- Working knowledge of agile software development lifecycle and continuous integration and delivery methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain focus and a positive attitude in ambiguous or high pressure situations
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment which requires creativity and self-motivation
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SQL, QA, ETL, Data Warehousing, Database Analysis, Reporting, queries, DevOps, Teradata, Hadoop, HEDIS, STAR Quality, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota