Job Purpose: Monitors and supports operations for overall quality.
- Ensures overall quality in on-time performance, bus condition/status, missed service, operator performance, service interruptions, and driver/dispatch radio communication.
- Conducts and logs field inspection reports for random W/C lift and climate control inspections. Performs walk through and documents bus cleanliness, pull cord operation, seats, graffiti, etc.
- Monitors operator safety/security compliance and service delivery at sites and pre-determined passenger boarding and alighting points.
- Replaces panels and signs as required.
- Coordinates with appropriate agencies on obstructions & necessary repairs.
- Troubleshoots R&R AVL units in buses, shelters, and buildings as required. Troubleshoots and removes radio units as required.
- Changes out security camera discs as required.
- Assists police with related transit service inquiries and investigations.
- Supports Charter and Special Events Operations.
- Prepares transit vehicles and facilitates the processing of buses for salvage and disposal.
- Manages on-site and post delivery new vehicle inspection programs.
- Processes tag, title, and PSC documentation as required for new vehicles.
- Issues fuel cards and track use.
Describe level of decision making and list examples of common decisions made:
- Determines how to improve overall quality
- Troubleshoots maintenance issues
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Experience & Skills Required:
- 5 years in transit management preferred
- Thorough knowledge of all technical components of bus system management.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees, from operators to senior management, and with the general public.
- Proven administrative and multi-tasking skills, computer proficiency, excellent customer service skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and bring energy and enthusiasm to the job.
- Commitment to a Safety lifestyle.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel): Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
- Must be able to move about the office and between floors.
- Work environment includes office space, garage, and route destinations.
- 10% travel time (or less)
List any additional measures applicable to this position (Revenue, Headcount, # of buses; Budgets $ etc.):
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.