Doing the right thing is a way of life at Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP). As part of the UnitedHealthcare family of plans, RMHP provides innovative health insurance coverage and personalized attention to individuals of all ages and business of all sizes throughout Western and rural Colorado. RMHP is continually striving to improve the health and wellness of our Members and partners in the state where we live, work, and play – because we’re Colorado, too.
Quality Improvement Advisor supports QI Practice Transformation objectives by facilitating and coaching designated clinical practices in the implementation of redesign and quality improvement strategies to improve patient, provider and health care team satisfaction, improved patient outcome, provider office efficiency, and management of total cost of care. Assists in assessment of progress and recommends strategies to achieve collaborative goals, and facilitate sustainability.
- Works collaboratively with various internal and external entities and individuals in accordance with the Mission and Values of the company to assist in maintaining and enhancing RMHMO’s reputation as the leader in managed health care. Provides leadership by example to embed the organizational philosophy and culture
- Respect confidentiality and maintain confidences as described in the Confidentiality Security Agreement that is signed by all employees. The ability to maintain confidentiality is a critical and essential component of this position.
- Responsible for providing delivery of the designated Practice Transformation support program including but not limited to registry utilization and risk stratification tools to guide health care team redesign efforts toward population management, and training on quality improvement principles of the Care Model and Model for Improvement, as well as other identified models
- Create highly functioning practices and communities focused on maximizing the integration and effective utilization of developing HIT\HIE technologies at the point of primary care delivery to improve cost, quality and experience of care
- Provide practice support to facilitate the coordination, development, teaching, implementation, and evaluation of provider practices participating in Practice Transformation activities. Introduce and educate new provider practices to the program as directed
- Provide support to practice participants through email, phone, site visits, review and feedback on assessments and monthly status reports and other methods as identified
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with provider practices, RMHP employees, and other community participants
- Utilizing established measurements to obtain baseline provider practice information and monitor ongoing progress towards achieving sustainability
- Facilitate the practice’s use of available health information technology resource opportunities to improve overall practice efficiency and improved patient outcomes
- Evaluate data with practice clinical team monthly to document progress in improved outcomes and re-design efforts. Facilitate practices ability to utilize data for knowledge and ongoing improvement
- Communicates practice guidelines and other evidence based information to physicians, and physician office staff related to the desired outcomes of Practice Transformation goals
- Structure, coordinate and facilitate consistent practice QI team meetings using specified models so that other practice staff will have the ability to conduct efficient and effective team meetings and increase team independence
- Utilize individual thought to develop, organize and evaluate data to resolve problems or determine course of action with the practice QI team
- Actively participate in scheduled Quality Improvement Advisor Team Meetings and other ongoing planning and development meetings
- Coordinate with RMHP analytical staff & Clinical Staff to present utilization data to practice clinical team. Work collaboratively with team to examine work flow and implement improvements driven by clinical guidelines
- Use excellent organizational skills, professional demeanor and tact to support various Quality Improvement activities. Use self-direction, intuition, and flexibility to anticipate needs and act proactively to ensure departmental goals are met. Provide research and assistance to project managers as assigned. Coordinate multiple, cross functional projects that result in achieving departmental goals
- Assist with event planning and logistics for learning collaborative including location, speakers, content, registration, and other logistics as needed
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information obtained in the course of managing the project
- This position requires travel. Requires independent, reliable, flexible, and on-demand, transportation at the incumbent’s expense for travel between various locations and timely arrival and departure from various locations. If the employee chooses to satisfy this requirement by driving a vehicle, the employee must meet the requirements for Colorado licensure and company requirements for liability insurance coverage
This position is office based at 2777 Crossroads Blvd, Grand Junction, CO 81506, with 75% travel to local physician practices and those in western Colorado. Some overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management, Behavioral Health, Nursing, with unrestricted RN license in CO, or other related field
- Must have excellent written communications skills and presentation skills. Including experience in MS Word and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of business, health care and health care coverage issues
- Reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client sites within a designated area
- Clinical office experience
- Interpret Data
- Experience with quality improvement processes
- Experience with Health Information Technology
- Experience training, coaching, or mentoring others
- Master’s in Healthcare Administration.
- Progressive medical related experience with prior experience in public health, quality improvement, and ambulatory settings
- Must be able to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and functions at all levels of the organization and external customers
Doing the right thing is a way of life at Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP). For more than 225,000 members of our unique, physician-founded health care organization, we provide innovative health insurance coverage and personalized attention to individuals of all ages and business of all sizes throughout Western and rural Colorado. As a part of Optum, the fastest growing part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've enhanced our offerings through sophisticated tools and technologies, superior customer service and a commitment to striving to improve the health and wellness of our Members and partners in the state where we live, work, and play – because we’re Colorado, too. From a career perspective you couldn’t do better. We’re all about quality and making a difference. And can make our opportunities your opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Quality Improvement, MHA, Clinical, Data Analysis, Clinical Practice, Grand Junction, Colorado, CO