Quality Improvement Director, Nurse
Primary Location: TX-TXBellaire-6565 W Loop Fwy
NeuroRestorative is seeking a Quality Improvement Director with an active Nursing License and experience managing multiple sites. Must have Clinical and Operational experience.
Bring your leadership skills and commitment to quality to oversee our efforts to provide the highest quality service and supports to individuals with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) in our programs. Reporting directly to the VP of Quality, the Nurse QID leads our team, drives initiatives, and oversees all matters of Quality within the state to ensure services are delivered with the utmost quality and dignity for those we serve.
Responsible for the direction and oversight of regional quality improvement teams through professional collaboration and implementation of the Network and Operating Group's quality improvement plans. Provide input and promote alignment with region and state-specific systems for implementing the Network and the NeuroRestorative Operating Group's quality improvement plans, risk management programs, and continuous quality improvement plans to meet and exceed service excellence.
Continuous Quality Improvement
- Quality Improvement:
- Represent assigned state on the QI Network leadership team and drive the planning and implementation ofnetwork-wide quality initiatives.
- Partner with stakeholders in state and region to develop and implement continuous quality improvement plans.
- Ensure implementation of The Network and Operating Group objectives or other initiatives in assigned state and, as directed, take the lead role for Region-specific quality strategies.
- System Analysis, Design and Improvement: Provide quality assurance / improvement focused technical assistance and subject matter expertise with regard to process improvement initiatives.
- Collaboration with Internal and External Partners: Develop and promote systems and processes for effective communication with region and state leadership teams and QI staff to elicit feedback and disseminate information
- Education and Training: Participate in Operating Group and Network quality and resource development initiatives.
- Data Systems and Analysis: Oversee data integrity and utilization of Network databases for assigned state.
- Analyze data and proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with state leadership to develop and implement strategies toward improvement.
- Incident Management:
- Conduct risk management activities as requested by the Operating Group QI VP or Network Legal Counsel.
- Consult with Regional team and QI Manager to follow through on critical events and identify methods to improve safety and minimize risk to those we serve, to our employees, and to the communities we serve.
- Oversee internal investigations of critical incidents in assigned states to ensure compliance with Network and Operating Group standards.
- Oversee state compliance with the Network Incident Management Protocol and Mortality Review Protocol; in addition to Operating Group requirements.
- Diligence Integration: Support QI Manager with diligence assessments and evaluation of prospective mergers and acquisitions.
- Compliance with Internal and External Standards:
- Proactively identify patterns of noncompliance with state leadership team to identify strategies to address.
- Conduct periodic on-site compliance reviews.
- Consult with State leadership teams to develop corrective action plans in response to adverse actions.
- Network Performance Audit: Review NPA results for assigned states at least quarterly, and identify any patterns or trends; support state to develop corrective action plans in response to any findings.
- Policy/Procedure: Represent assigned state and provide input into the development of Network-wide policies and procedures for service excellence, risk management, and compliance with applicable standards.
- Customer Engagement: Collaborate with Operations leadership and QI Managers to determine local customer engagement activities.
- Survey: Analyze customer engagement survey findings and ensure improvement plans are designed and implemented, as applicable.
- Make decisions and recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
- Direct and manage performance of QI Manager for assigned states in tandem with Operations supervisors. Ensure thorough onboarding and training of QI staff.
- Direct and manage assigned staff including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Resolve employee problems within position responsibilities.
Qualifications: What we require:
- Master’s degree in Human Service related field strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a social services field (mental health, child welfare, brain injury, intellectual / developmental disabilities, etc.) is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in operations management and/or quality management is required.
- A commitment to quality and a passion for service in everything you do.
- Exceptional people skills with an ability to establish rapport and credibility throughout the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, within an interdisciplinary approach.
- An ability to move between the strategic focus on quality and the day-to-day tactical needs.
- Active Nurse License
- Must have Clinical and Operational experience.
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network