Quality Improvement Specialist
Primary Location: United States-NV-NVLas Vegas
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serve people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. As a Quality Improvement Specialist with REM Nevada, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
REM Nevada is seeking a Quality Improvement
Specialist (QIS) to provide leadership and support for our state. A QIS is responsible for implementing The Network, Operating
Group, and state-specific quality systems for a region and/or service
line. Assists in the implementation of initiatives and assurances
under the direction of a QI Manager and/or
operations. Conducts internal reviews of program operations and
monitors compliance with internal and external requirements. Supports state
operations and assigned region and/or service line to comply with all
applicable internal and external quality of services standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides quality assurance / improvement direction and subject matter guidance with local team and improvement initiative
- Facilitates communication with local operations managers to elicit feedback and disseminate information, as directed through a state plan
- Coordinates implementation of training programs and delivers training as assigned.
- Verifies implementation of effective strategies for improvement that were designed to measure and improve outcome measures.
- Monitors quality improvement goals and tracks outcomes and measurements.
- Reviews incident data and prepares and analyses trended reports for local operations managers and QI Manager.
- Conducts incident reporting training and technical support in a region and/or service line.
- Conducts internal investigations of incidents and/or allegations per local protocol and as assigned.
- Conducts or assists with the provision of QI and risk management training to appropriate personnel in acquired companies.
- Monitors compliance with contractual obligations, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and internal operating practices.
- Conducts audits and supports operations to prepare for licensing / certification reviews.
- Partners with local operations and QI Manager to design correction plans for findings of noncompliance.
- Conducts audits to verify completion of correction plans in response to surveys.
- Completes Network Performance Audits, as assigned and reviews compliance with Network and state-specific consumer funds policies.
- Partners with local operations to implement and verify service model-specific policies and procedures.
- Support Operations with implementing local customer engagement activities.
· Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility may be substituted.
- Three to five years of experience in quality improvement or other related social services field required.