Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
The Quality Improvement Specialist designs, directs and facilitates implementation of effective systems and processes to improve quality and patient safety. Scope includes Mount Carmel owned but not affiliated facilities
- Accountable for the preparation and support of wholly owned facilities, relative to regulatory and licensure compliance.
- Responsibility includes multi-site locations and requires travel to each of the facilities – off site time 60% or more weekly.
- Assists in scheduled/unannounced surveys by regulatory agencies.
- Facilitates process / system improvement across departments and/or multiple service areas.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate openness to new ways of thinking.
- Serves as a Quality Improvement liaison with external agencies (CMS, ODH, TJC, etc) as well as Trinity Health System.
- Provides consultation for practical application of performance improvement.
- Manages medical staff dynamics to facilitate effective discussions and participation in quality improvement, service excellence and patient safety.
- Works with diverse groups, settings and varied kinds of complexities.
- Develops and/or assists in conducting educational programs or in-services related to quality /process improvement as needed or requested by the organization.
- Serves as project manager as needed for organizational endeavors.
- Provides, as requested, consulting services to non-Mount Carmel owned health care entities for purposes of building targeted relationships.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Licensure / Certification: Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Valid Ohio Driver's License and ability to travel to multiple Mount Carmel sites throughout Central Ohio
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years recent hospital practice; Clinical and management experience preferred
- Knowledge of quality management methodologies, performance improvement principles and designs
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.