Quality Improvement Specialist
Primary Location: United States-WV-WVWheeling
REM Community Options
(INSERT PARTNER BRAND DESCRIPTION HERE)
Description REM Community Options is seeking a Quality Improvement Specialist to provide leadership and support for a region and/or service line with respect to quality improvement. Responsible for implementing The Network’s, Operating Group’s, and state-specific quality systems for a region and/or service line. Assists in the implementation of initiatives and assurances under the direction of a QI Manager and/or operations. Conducts internal reviews of program operations and monitors compliance with internal and external requirements. Supports state operations and assigned region and/or service line to comply with all applicable internal and external quality of services standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Represents an assigned region and/or service line within a state on the state's QI Team and participates in regional leadership team meetings.
- Facilitates and verifies implementation of state-specific continuous quality improvement plans.
- Provides quality assurance / improvement technical assistance and subject matter expertise with local process improvement initiatives.
- Facilitates communication with local operations managers to elicit feedback and disseminate information, as directed through a state plan
- Coordinates implementation of training programs and delivers training as assigned.
- Verifies implementation of effective strategies for improvement that were designed to measure and improve outcome measures.
- Monitors quality improvement goals and tracks outcomes and measurements.
- Reviews incident data and prepares and analyses trended reports for local operations managers and QI Manager.
- Conducts incident reporting training and technical support in a region and/or service line.
- Conducts internal investigations of incidents and/or allegations per local protocol and as assigned.
- Conducts or assists with the provision of QI and risk management training to appropriate personnel in acquired companies.
- Conducts regular reviews of program operations and services to appraise levels at which programs are in compliance with established external and internal standards.
- Monitors compliance with contractual obligations, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and internal operating practices.
- Conducts audits and supports operations to prepare for licensing / certification reviews.
- Partners with local operations and QI Manager to design correction plans for findings of noncompliance.
- Conducts audits to verify completion of correction plans in response to surveys.
- Completes Network Performance Audits, as assigned and reviews compliance with Network and state-specific consumer funds policies.
- Partners with local operations to implement and verify service model-specific policies and procedures.
- Support Operations with implementing local customer engagement activities.
- Support local customer engagement survey process through promotion, planning, completion, data collection, etc.
· Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility may be substituted.
- Three to five years of experience in quality improvement or other related social services field required.