At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
The Quality Manager 5 will direct and manage the Quality Control function and activities of the Quality Control staff for Credit Operations within Cards and Retail Services. This role will be accountable for the development and management of effective and efficient controls to mitigate operational and compliance risk.
The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding regulatory and compliance requirements associated with underwriting, fulfillment, and call monitoring functions, and identifying and implementing effective quality monitoring controls to drive incremental business improvement. Additionally, this role will ensure the quality monitoring process drives compliance with regulations, such as Fair Lending, and company policies, which will involve a close partnership with the Controls and Operational Risk (COR) and Credit Risk Management teams.
The Quality Manager will ascertain the presence of appropriate internal controls and adherence to policies and procedures. The position will be responsible for developing and presenting performance reports to senior management and providing constructive and practical recommendations for resolution of findings, assessing new uses of technology to deepen sample sizes without adding FTE. Quality Control results and risk exposures will be clearly documented and communicated timely to the impacted business units and management.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for setting annual performance goals and MBOs. Additionally, the role will eventually exhibit a comprehensive understanding of credit card operations processes and functions, a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, and the ability to identify and implement opportunities to improve detective controls.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of quality assurance experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- 3+ years of credit underwriting experience
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Ability to implement strategies
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of audit, regulatory compliance, or risk management
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with key compliance and operational risks and associated mitigating controls
- Knowledge and understanding of credit risk management
- Experience with NICE Interaction Analytics
- Credit Card experience preferably within an operations environment
- Operational risk and compliance experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.