At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Securities Quantitative Strategies team supports the trading and risk activities of the firm. This is delivered via pricing and risk models for complex derivatives, as well as calculations involved in capital and regulatory reporting.
The applicant will join the Securities Division Quantitative Strategies Quant Team in support of one of the asset classes/product lines: These include Asset Backed securities, Credit Cash, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, FX, Rates, or CVA (Credit Value Adjustment). Additionally, we are looking for candidates with programming/development background to support the modeling libraries and work closely with technology to integrate and support them into production. They will:
- Develop quantitative models, implement these models in a cross asset model library, and produce high quality model documents that satisfy model validation and regulatory requests
- Collaborate with and support Front office Trading and Technology Partners
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 8+ years modeling in one of the asset classes
- Ability to create new models from scratch
- Experience in interpreting and implementing models and platforms for new regulations
- Experience in working in a cross asset platform, and sharing/contributing to the platform
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment, particularly technology, internal controls, and project management teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize tasks, manage time, set priorities and deadlines
- Strong programming skills, C++
- Ability to explain complex mathematical concepts to a variety of audiences that may be both mathematical and nonmathematical in nature
- PhD or Master in math or highly quantitative science fields
- The ability to communicate well with non-technical team members
- B.S. Computer Science, Math, or Computational Finance or similar hard science field
- Basic understanding of derivatives pricing models
- Experience with software build systems and version control
- 2+ years using Jenkins/GIT or similar technologies
- 4+ years of experience in Capital Markets IT or Quant
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.