At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This position will perform as well as lead the most complex activities related to business and statistical analysis, risk segmentation, model development and documentation, and model performance in Loss Forecasting including Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) forecast in the modeling team within Credit and PPNR Modeling (CaPM) Center of Excellent.
This individual will be expected to conduct complex analysis ranging from data cleansing to sampling, model development and model assessment. In addition, strength in writing detailed documentation of modeling and analytic processes is imperative to ensure compliance with WFC model development and governance policies and regulatory rules, as well as to preserve the analytic thought process of the model development and on-going performance and use.
Specific duties will include complex data extraction, manipulation and analysis; sampling design; model conceptual soundness analytics; model development analytics (including business insight and statistical analysis, model design and justification, model development, output analysis, and sensitivity analysis) and documentation; model performance assessment; model output assessment and stress testing. This individual is expected to partner effectively with model validation and governance teams during all life cycle stages of the model development.
The candidate must have strong personal conviction to deliver high quality results under tight timelines and in-depth knowledge and experience in statistical analytics and modeling.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- 2+ years of statistical modeling experience
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- A PhD in a quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of SAS experience
- Python and R experience
- Knowledge of Loss forecasting and CCAR process
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experiences in efficient and effective SAS programming to manipulate, manage and work with large databases in SAS
- Demonstrated experiences in a statistical model development/validation environment utilizing best practices and methodologies, including data cleansing, sampling, model design, model assessment and performance measurement design and evaluation
- Excellent project management skills in managing multiple projects with challenging timelines
- Ability to document and present model development process and analytical results suitable for audience of all technical levels
- Open minded with ability to adapt to the new modeling requirement and raised standards
- Ability to interact with model validation and governance teams effectively
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and apply prudent credit risk management principles
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.