At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Corporate Model Risk Group (CMoR) is seeking an experienced quantitative analyst to join its Model Validation team. CMoR serves as the second line of defense to ensure the integrity of Wells Fargo’s model inventory. This position will focus primarily on Fair Lending and Financial Crime model validations. However, frequent special projects and seasonal requirements for CCAR validations will provide a variety of modeling contexts throughout each year. A validation project typically begins and ends with the analyst, requiring broad and continuous attention to detail, comprehensive documentation, and interactions with developers. Meetings with auditors and regulators will require recall of validation details.
CMoR operates in a fast-paced work environment with continuously changing policies and technologies. The successful candidate is expected to be self- motivated, require minimal supervision, and produce work that is consistent with CMoR’s recognized high standards. Effective work will involve familiarity with source systems of record, analytical data and sampling plans, model replications, model performance assessments, and test model development as effective challenges to lines of business. It further requires strength in writing detailed standard analytical reports to ensure Wells Fargo’s compliance with governance policies and regulations. Each validation report will include assessments of the specific business, model purpose and history, the model methodology, data integrity, model development, performance, implementation, and monitoring. These documents are read by a broad audience, including auditors and regulators.
- 2+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- A PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Expertise in machine learning methodologies, supervised and unsupervised, such as ANN, anomaly detection, and natural language progressing
- Ability to document and present model development process and analytical results for audiences of all technical backgrounds
- 2+ years of industrial programming experience with Python and R, and large data files, experience with H2O, Keras with TensorFlow
- 2+ years of experience in a statistical model development environment utilizing best practices and methodologies, including but not limited to data integrity, sampling, model design, model assessment and performance, and documenting model development
- Model validation experience and some knowledge of financial institution regulatory requirements
- 2+ years of industry experience using SAS and SQL.
- Knowledge of new developments and approaches in applied statistical applications
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.