At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Corporate Risk Model Development Center of Excellence (COE) is part of the Market & Counterparty Risk Management team within Wells Fargo’s Corporate Risk organization. The group safeguards the company by analyzing whether consumer businesses abide by applicable rules, laws, regulations and internal policies, and by helping to meet compliance responsibilities. The group provides independent, analytic oversight and coordination of business-based regulatory compliance risk management. The team coordinates with the lines of business (LOBs) to help ensure proper execution of regulatory requirements and compliance with operational processes that minimize regulatory or reputational risk.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation, description, and on-going enhancement and maintenance of efficient and effective analyses. These approaches must be grounded in established statistical theory, and will be used to detect, quantify, and manage fair and responsible lending risk and to assess possible customer impacts. This individual is expected to explain analytic results to non-technical senior management and discuss potential business approaches.
This position is part of the Fair Lending Analytics team within the Corporate Risk Model Development COE. This individual is responsible for providing high-quality analytics to identify, quantify, and mitigate legal, regulatory, and reputational risks in the fair lending space.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Developing and documenting analytical models and strategies for short and long term objectives,
- Providing analytical support and modeling for a wide array of business initiatives, and
- Articulating analytic insights regarding these initiatives.
- 2+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- Ability to present to multiple levels of management
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A PhD in a quantitative discipline
- UNIX experience
- Conceptual and quantitative problem solving skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple tasks with effective time-management and influencing skills
- Hands on experience with development and/or validation of fair lending, credit risk, or stress testing models.
- Knowledge of financial industry, model development practices and regulatory standards.
- Strong experience with quantitative risk modeling, especially in financial services.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, complex quantitative projects on time.
- Capable of working on cross-organizational projects and collaboratively partnering with other business functions.
- Strong computing skills, particularly statistical and high performance computing in SAS, R or other statistical packages or software.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office products.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.