At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
CMoR operates in a fast-paced work environment with continuously changing policies and technologies. The successful candidate is expected to be self- motivated, require minimal supervision, and produce work that is consistent with CMoR’s recognized high standards. Effective work will involve familiarity with source systems of record, analytical data and sampling plans, model replications, model performance assessments, and test model development as effective challenges to lines of business. It further requires strength in writing detailed standard analytical reports to ensure Wells Fargo’s compliance with governance policies and regulations. Each validation report will include assessments of the specific business, model purpose and history, the model methodology, data integrity, model development, performance, implementation, and monitoring. These documents are read by a broad audience, including auditors and regulators.
The Decision Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) Validation team is responsible for validating and approving all marketing, retail credit scoring, commercial credit scoring, financial crimes, fair lending, and other artificial intelligence and machine-learning models.
- 4+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- PhD in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, quantitative finance , economics or computer sciences
- 7 + years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- Knowledge of financial industry practices and regulatory standards applied model development, model validation and capital
- R, C++, Python and SQL experience
- Strong mathematical, statistical, analytical and computational skills
- Ability to communicate to different audiences (other technical staff, senior management and regulators) both verbally and in writing
- Capability to multi-task and finish work within strict timelines and provide timely requests for information and follow-up questions
- Ability to work independently on complex model validations from start to finish
- Skill in managing relationships with key model stakeholders
- Eagerness to contribute collaboratively on projects and discussions
- Perpetual interest in learning something new, but being comfortable with not knowing the all the answers
- Attention to detail in both analytics and documentation
- Aptitude for synthesizing data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Intellectually curious, who enjoy solving problems.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.