At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Credit and PPNR Modeling (CaPM) is seeking an experienced and established leader to lead a Basel model development team for unsecured consumer business.
This position will be responsible for leading a highly skilled analytic team to develop quantitative models. This individual will guide and motivate the team to develop models that will meet stated business purposes, as well as ensuring compliance with regulatory rules and the bank’s model policies. A key responsibility will be to effectively manage all tasks and resources required to shepherd each project to its completion in a timely fashion.
The candidate we seek must have the following experience, skills and abilities:Solid understanding of regulatory rules and credit risk management procedures.
- Current/prior experience managing advanced quantitative teams.
- Strong leadership qualities, including excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure clear communications with all stakeholders.
- Strong project management experience and skills.
- A “can-do” personal style/attitude.
- Ability to drive decision making through a consensus-building approach.
- Current/prior experience presenting analytic concepts and results to senior management and regulators.
- 4+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A PhD in a quantitative discipline
- In-depth and hands-on quantitative model development/validation experience utilizing best modeling practices and methodologies, in particular Basel models.
- Demonstrated excellence at leading a team to achieve goals and develop models.
- Outstanding conceptual and quantitative problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to think creatively.
- Ability to document and present model process and results suitable for audiences of all levels.
- Ability to interact with corporate partners and regulators effectively and drive decision making through a consensus building approach.
- Solid project management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks with timely delivery.
- Familiarity with model validation and risk measurement best practices and methodologies.
- 10+ years related industry experience.
- Experience interacting with corporate partners and regulators, to effectively drive decision making through a consensus building approach.
- Proven skills in developing and leading quantitative staff.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.