At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Operational Risk Modeling and Quantification team (ORMQ) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as a Quantitative Analytics Manager, managing a small team of 3 to 4 Quantitative Analyst responsible for building and maintaining Operational risk models.
The work is challenging and complex, requiring estimation of expected and unexpected metrics with limited historical and forward-looking (quantitative/qualitative) data. The current CCAR stress testing models are macro-economic factor driven while the Basel III models use the classic Loss Distribution Approach methodology. Given the challenges in operational risk modeling, industry approaches continue to evolve and Wells Fargo takes an active role in these efforts. Due to their significance to Wells Fargo, both internal and external stakeholders closely review the capital model methods and results.
The position requires strong leadership as well as technical skills (prior modeling experience). In this role, the individual will lead a high performing team in the development and implementation of Operational Risk capital models used for quantifying CCAR forecasts for stress testing, Basel III regulatory capital, Structured Operational risk models and other internal Operational risk measurement tools. Duties include leading the team in performing analytical modeling/support, and offering insights regarding an array of quantitative techniques and initiatives; ensuring that the implemented models stay compliant consistent with Wells Fargo’s model governance policies and procedures. Given the high visibility of these models, this position requires an individual with strong communication skills capable of communicating highly complex techniques to both technical and non-technical audiences across a broad stakeholder base.
- 4+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- A PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Solid knowledge and experience in statistical modeling
- Strong programming skills in areas such as MATLAB, SAS, R, Python, C/C++
- Knowledge of Basel III requirements as well as DFAST/CCAR stress test requirements
- Demonstrated experience presenting information and ability to influence various levels of individuals, across various groups, within the organization;
- Experience interacting and presenting technical material to Regulators
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.