At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo’s Corporate Model Risk (CMoR) organization is seeking a highly qualified Quantitative Associate (QA) to join its Advanced Technologies for Modeling (AToM) group. It is the responsibility of the AToM group to advance the Bank’s state-of-the-art practices in the areas of credit, operational, and market risk management.
Individuals in the AToM group will be involved in the development of cutting edge models, methods, and algorithms in machine learning (ML), advanced statistics, natural language processing (NLP), and other dimensions of artificial intelligence (AI), with the goal of driving best modeling practices across the bank. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify state-of-the-art techniques in the literature on ML, NLP, and advanced statistics, and adapt them for applications in risk management
- Drive new methodology development by conducting applied research in the above areas for current and emerging applications in risk modeling
- Disseminate best practices across the quantitative modeling community within the bank through technology transfer, white papers, and seminars
- Design, implement, and automate model replication, benchmarking, and testing with CMoR’s advanced computing platform to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Collaborate with internal and external quantitative communities, including the academic community, to keep abreast of the latest developments and practices in quantitative risk
- Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics upon start date of the program
- A PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, or a related quantitative discipline with emphasis on Machine Learning and AI
- In-depth knowledge of ML and AI methodologies such as ensemble algorithms, neural networks, and natural language processing
- Excellent background in advanced statistical concepts, modeling, and data analysis techniques
- Strong computing and programming background and knowledge of one or more languages such as Python, Java, and R
- Experience with ML/AI computing platforms and tools such as TensorFlow and Keras
- Ability to work with large datasets, and some experience with database management, data retrieval, and tools such as Hadoop, Spark, and SQL
- Excellent writing and communication skills for model documentation and presentations to audiences of all technical backgrounds
- Strong conceptual and quantitative problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to think independently
- Capable of working on cross-organizational projects and collaboratively partnering with other activities
- A “can-do” personal style/attitude and the ability to work collaboratively with various activities
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.