At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo’s Model Risk Management team is seeking a highly-qualified person as Quantitative Associate. The person will be part of a highly-skilled team involved in advanced computing, database management, visualization, and methodology development to advance the Bank’s practice in the area of modeling and validation for risk management.
The position involves developing tools and technology for Big Data management, exploration, and computing infrastructure. The person should be knowledgeable about programming languages and computer algorithms as well as data management. Specific duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Work with very large datasets and applications (such as Hadoop, Spark, Oracle, as well as other JSON based database)
- Data transfer, extraction, and quality assessments of very large data sets
- Use of programming languages such as Python, Java, R, HiveQL, and SQL.
- Utilize shell scripts under Linux environment for cross-platforms operation.
- Contribute to the metadata registry for data and model automation in testing procedures
- Manage the data lifecycle per regulatory requirement and guideline with commonly leveraged testing routines
- Use and optimize the process, user experience, and interface on Spark, Hadoop, Python, R for model testing.
- Perform data integration and support infrastructure needs for model validation.
- Leverage, streamline and integrate processes with open source platforms.
- Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics upon start date of the program
- Some experience in banking or finance
- At least two years of hands-on experience in Big Data applications and Hadoop, Spark, SQL and related software and infrastructure
- Strong analytic and programming skills including demonstrated experience in data with coding experience
- Significant experience using programming languages and statistical packages such as Python, R or Java
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Analytics platform system and data architecture
- Spark, Aster, Hadoop, Python for process automation and visualization
- Familiarity with structured or semi-structured data
- Knowledgeable with a solid GitHub presence in the open source development community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize responsibilities to ensure all deadlines are met
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationship with peers
- Demonstrated enthusiasm in learning and implementing open source technologies.
- Capable of working on cross-organizational projects
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.