At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Capital Markets team manages the interest rate and operational risks associated with the origination, sale and servicing of mortgage loans, and provides liquidity for the mortgage assets originated by Wells Fargo.
Within WFHL Capital Markets, the interest rate risk management team manages the MSR and mortgage pipeline portfolios. The model development team builds models for these activities as well as supports all other Wells Fargo business with mortgage risk exposure in their model development.
The Capital Markets Model Development team is seeking a junior quantitative associate that will be responsible for performing highly complex activities related to complex financial products, business analysis and/or risk modeling. This role will also provide support for mortgage product usage with multiple lines of business across the bank
This QA requires application of applied mathematics/engineering/analytical modeling to create robust and high performing financial valuation and forecasting solutions. This job requires knowledge of financial products. Successful candidates will understand structured securities, cash flow, credit impacts and may specialize in market and interest rate research; developing modeling systems; and/or high level applications to support real-time trading, deal structuring, research and investment decisions, etc.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Advise on or participate in the discussion related to analytical strategies, performing analytical support and/or modeling and offering insights regarding a wide array of business initiatives
• Work with traders and portfolio managers to define and prioritize business requirements
• Translate business requirements to practical and well defined research projects
• Implement quantitative models and strategies for Mortgage Servicing Rights, Mortgage Backed Securities and Interest Rate Derivatives using C++
• Perform ongoing maintenance and research on models for risk management of mortgage and fixed-income products
• Develop strategy performance metrics and dashboards
** NOTE: Qualified candidates located at/in proximity to a Wells Fargo hub location may be considered.
- Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics upon start date of the program
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Math
• 2+ years of recent professional experience in C++ development
• Experience in implementing financial models, preferably in fixed income
• Understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
• Knowledge in Software Lifecycle Management (test driven development, continuous integration)
• Knowledge in performance enhancement techniques
• Ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment with a demanding workload
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.