At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Financial Crime Model Development Center of Excellence (MDCoE) team is part of Corporate Risk Center of Excellence (CoE) program and is responsible for developing models in support of Financial Crimes Risks. Our model development activities include crafting codes and analysis through tools such as SAS and SQL. The team combines quantitative and statistical results with business knowledge to tune and max model performance as well as comply with CMoR policies and guidelines.
FCA MDCoE is seeking a strong quant that will focus on developing models in the area of AML monitoring and surveillance, customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence (CDD/EDD), transaction and front line monitoring, and fraud detection. The models are based on statistical modeling techniques such as logistic regression, decision tree, cluster analysis, time-series analysis, and others. Customer population across various WF LOBs such as regional banking, wealth management, wholesale, customer lending, etc. are all included as the potential modeling profile.
Responsibilities for this role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Develop, analyze, and present methodologies to improve current FCA models
- Develop models to improve SAR effectiveness rates or incorporating additional risk factors for existing Financial Crime programs
- Present and document model development results including data analysis, calibrations and model improvement details.
- Closely work with model owners to tweak model results to satisfy business judgement on risk factor selection and outcomes.
- Design model monitoring methodologies and investigate performance issues through regular testing and monitoring.
- Provide model document compliant with Wells Fargo model validation and governance requirements.
- Work with Corporate Model Risk Management team and model owners to address any issues associated with a particular model.
- Work with other regulators to address any questions and concerns.
- Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics upon start date of the program
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL or SAS
- Knowledge and understanding of predictive modeling using statistical techniques
- Proficiency in SAS macro and SAS STAT procedures
- Understanding of various statistical and modeling approaches to apply them toward financial crime business solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to understand the data patterns and build the model making both statistical and business sense.
- Detail oriented, results driven, and has the ability to navigate in a quickly changing and high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities
CA-SF-Financial District: 1 Montgomery St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.