Radiation Oncology Centers of Nevada (ROCNV), part of OptumCare is the reestablishment of a premier practice in Clark County. The practice previously operated as Radiation Oncology Centers of Las Vegas, with its parent company Associated Radiation Oncologists established in 1995. Previous physicians have once again come together to open a socially responsible practice; they are Dr. Greg A. Dean, Dr. Ritchie Stevens, and Dr. Beau James Toy. They have been practicing in Clark County since 1988, 1990, and 1997, respectively.
This group of physicians has led the way for quality radiation treatments in Las Vegas by offering innovation in treatment delivery, staffing with well-qualified, caring professionals, excellent relationships with patients, referring physicians, and insurers. It is because of the respect that we have for our patients that we strive for no less than our absolute best in all we do. Quality care and innovative treatments are not simply catch phrases, but integral parts of who we are and what we do on a daily basis.
We have five radiation oncologist, two physicists and one dosimetrist covering two offices in Las Vegas Valley.
Treatment procedures include all conventional radiation therapy, IMRT, SBRT, SRS and HDR.
Following are the list of equipment at ROCNV offices:
- Two Varian TrueBeam (millennium MLC and HDMLC with PerfectPitch 6 degrees Freedom.
- Couch ), Varian Clinac iX-Silhouette with OBI and Varian Clinac 6EX with portal imaging, ARIA record and verify, ECLIPSE.
- Brain Lab iPlan
- Two GE CT Scanners (Optima-16 slice wide bore and LightSpeed-8 slice)
- Varian VariSource iX afterloader and Varian BrachyVision
- Eclipse (eMC and Acuros) planning system and ARIA R&V system
- Brainlab iPlan for SRS cone based planning
- Velocity and RadCalc software
- Extensive physics equipment and software including: IBA Blue Phantom, Doselab Pro and SNC machine software, range of PTW chambers, diode and electrometers, TG-142 imaging phantoms, solid water and mapcheck2
- Monthly and Yearly Machine QA
- Weekly Chart checks
- SBRT/SRS, HDR planning
- All aspects of treatment planning and patient specific QA’s
- Implementation of new technologies within clinic
- Other related duties associated with the physics department
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Medical Physics from CAMPEP accredited program
- Minimum 3+ years of clinical experience in IMRT, SBRT, SRS, HDR treatment planning, weekly chart check , patient and machine specific quality assurance and Linac/HDR routine QA procedures
- Experience with Varian products
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Las Vegas offers the best in entertainment and cultural options, in addition to being an affordable metropolitan area in which to live. Also, Nevada has no state income tax. Warm weather, 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, five-star restaurants, endless attractions and entertainment choices are reasons Las Vegas is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Radiation Physicist, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada