Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Radiology Technologist coordinates and performs diagnostic radiology procedures utilizing computerized medical imaging equipment as ordered by the physician.
- Appropriately adapts assigned client assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, and age-specific and other developmental needs of each person served
- Performs a variety of quality radiology procedures using utilizing CR equipment
- Correctly formats images, prints films/CD, and sends to the PACS
- Processes, logs and tracks over-read reports and film/CD requests from outside providers
- Provides radiation protection to patients and staff, consistent with current Texas Department of Health standards and regulations
- Maintains supplies, checks equipment status daily and reports any problems that could change the workflow
- Maintains all equipment and paperwork in compliance with TDH standards and regulations as coordinated through the Radiation Safety Office
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Full-time position with competitive base salary and benefits including PTO, paid holidays,401K and health benefits!
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiological Sciences or other accepted and approved equivalent
- ARRT registered and MRT certified by the Texas Department of Health. Must meet continuing education requirements to maintain credentials at all times
- Licensed by the Texas Department of Health and meet continuing education requirements at all times
- 3+ years experience as a radiology technologist
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Associate’s degree in a related field
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Ability to use full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Radiology Technologist, Dallas, TX, Texas, ARRT, MRT, Rad Tech