The Bartender position is responsible for providing great guest service by mixing quality cocktails, pouring a proper draft and decanting wine to achieve the best taste.
- Deliver a consistently high level of guest service in an efficient manner.
- Offer and serve alcoholic beverages while adhering to established Xanterra standards, procedures and alcohol policies.
- Accurately enter both food and beverage items in the point of sale (POS) system.
- Serve food and beverages promptly to guests. Collect and process forms of payment, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maximize sales through menu knowledge and suggestive selling. Motivate and educate staff in up-selling techniques and wine salesmanship.
- Maintain a clean, organized, safe and properly stocked service area; ensure lounge area is clean at all times.
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the shift.
- Shifts will include days, nights, weekends and possible employee pub shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizations skills. Must be able to prioritize under pressure while maintaining a calm and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Attention to detail, desire to serve guests, active team player.
- Knowledge of wine, beer and liquor brands. Knowledgeable of common and specialty cocktails.
- Basic computer and POS skills.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation.
- Certification in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch and reach for extended periods of time.