The Bartender position is responsible for providing great guest service by mixing quality cocktails, pouring a proper draft and decanting wine to achieve the best taste.Responsibilities
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Follow all policies, procedures and service standards.
- Accurately record and enter all food (where applicable) and beverage items in to the POS system; produce, pick up, garnish and serve food and beverages promptly to guests; collect and process forms of payment; ensuring guest satisfaction throughout.
- Maximize sale by using menu knowledge and suggestive selling techniques. Motivate and educate staff in up-selling and wine salesmanship. Ensure established standards of beverage service are met.
- Offer and serve alcoholic beverages while adhering to established Xanterra alcohol policies.
- Maintain cleanliness of lounge and service areas. Ensure work area is orderly and properly stocked.
- Responsible for collecting accurate payment from the guest and depositing the exact amount of sales.
- Ability to organize and prioritize under pressure while maintaining a calm and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information quickly: Service procedures, beverage and food menus as appropriate, Aloha point of sales.
- Knowledge of brands, selections and recipes helpful.
- Computer experience and knowledge of ordering procedures.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation.
- Certification in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
Furnace Creek Resort provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Furnace Creek Resort complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.