Prepares and presents food consistent with recipes and menus. Ensures proper department standards and food handling procedures are followed.Responsibilities
- Ensures the quality, quantity and eye-appealing presentation of all menu items.
- Properly stores and handles all food products. Promotes safe and sanitary food handling practices.
- Cleans, maintains and stores kitchen equipment according to standards.
- Maintains open and positive communication with all staff on a daily basis.
- Ensures that food is properly prepared and presented using standard products, recipes, and techniques.
- All food-in-process is properly maintained (hot food is hot, cold food is cold) and stored (covered, labeled, and dated).
- Cleans and maintains work area at all times throughout shift.
- Observes and adheres to work schedule and all company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to two years cooking experience, Expertise as: pantry-worker, prep-cook, fry-cook, egg-cook, broiler-cook, sauté-cook and butcher
- Must be dependable and reliable. Must work when scheduled and function productively.
- Able to take verbal direction, and communicate professionally with others.
- Must be able to meet and maintain grooming standards.
- Must possess or obtain a California Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of hire. On-site training is available.
- Ability to work standing for eight hours, and must have the endurance to function in a fast-paced and high-stress environment.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.