Greets and seats restaurant patrons. The Host/Cashier is the first person our guest will communicate with when entering our food outlets. Their personality and professionalism will instill confidence in our guests and will have a direct influence on the environment of that outlet.
- Greets guests and seat them where they can be best served.
- Establishes and efficiently use a waiting list when necessary.
- Issues guest checks and record them for control purposes.
- Maintains a cash bank at the amount given by Accounting.
- Correctly operates cash register, handle tour recaps, process coupons, employee discounts.
- Ensures that all guests are served in a prompt, courteous manner by giving proper direction to servers and buspersons.
- Acts diplomatically in resolving guest problems.
- Familiarity with all server/bus procedures and responsibilities.
- Verifies all employee ID cards and promotions as indicated.
- Answers all telephone calls using proper phone etiquette
- Responsible for daily knowledge of room count, special events or Banquets, etc. scheduled in their operation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Front of the house restaurant experience preferable.
- Must have a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent customer service skills when dealing with the public and employees.
- Knowledge of handling cash and credit cards as well as balancing bank and correctly completing paperwork is a must.
- Physically able to work standing for eight hours, and must have the endurance to function in a fast-paced and high-stress environment.